General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Update
Ken Plant Autotech also collects data when you purchase goods and seek information. The nature and extent of the data collected is variable, and often limited. Nonetheless, we consider all data protected.
Ken Plant Autotech may use your contact details to communicate with you. In an effort to improve customer experience and service, we monitor all traffic to the Ken Plant Autotech website and site usage.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you for administrative purposes or to assist with requests.
The Categories of Personal Data Concerned
Ken Plant Autotech collects the following information in order for the purpose of processing:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing & Payment information
Ken Plant Autotech gathers statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact user, such as demographic information regarding, for example,
- User IP addresses
- Browser types
- Anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website
This information is solely used to gain a more informed understanding of how our website is being used and to make our websites more relevant to our users.
Note – Ken Plant Autotech Website uses session cookies. Cookie consent is obtained either explicitly or implicitly requested via an opt-in message.
Ken Plant Autotech receives personal data through the following means:
- Credit card/Client form
- Through contractual negotiation and agreements
- Corresponding through email or phone
The Recipients of the Data
Personal Data to a Third Party or International Organisation
Ken Plant Autotech will not disclose Personal Data to third parties unless Ken Plant Autotech has consent to do so or unless the third party is required to fulfil a contracted task e.g. data entry: in such circumstances, the third party will have a data processor agreement signed to adhere to GDPR. Ken Plant Autotech will disclose Personal Data if it is believed in good faith that Ken Plant Autotech are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
How long will the Personal Data be stored for?
Ken Plant Autotech will retain personal data for the following reasons, the only exception to these reasons are if Ken Plant Autotech is required or permitted by law to hold onto the information for a specific amount of time:
Data that is required in order to perform a contract, will be held on Ken Plant Autotech system for the period necessary or until the completion of a contract.
For business interests as defined in purposes and legal basis of the processing data that is no longer deemed necessary will be deleted from our system.
When personal data is deemed no longer necessary, it will removed and deleted in a correct manner.
Data Subject’s Rights
- Right to access: the right to request, access and copy of the personal information that Ken Plant Autotech is holding. Ken Plant Autotech can charge a reasonable fee for 2 or more personal data requests. One copy of personal data will be charged at no cost. Any access requests will need to be requested in writing or email. Evidence of identification will be required as this makes sure that the personal information is not given to the wrong person. Information will be given within 30 days.
- Right to rectification: the right to have personal data rectified if it’s incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: the right to withdraw consent given to process data and the right to request that Ken Plant Autotech delete personal data from the Ken Plant Autotech system the only exception to this is Ken Plant Autotech compliance with any legal obligations or if the data is required for any legal claims.
- Right to object as to how Ken Plant Autotech uses the personal data received e.g. marketing purposes.
Lodging a Complaint
Any complaints on how Ken Plant Autotech uses personal data can be sent to the Data Commissioner’s office. More information can be provided on their website: www.dataprotection.ie
Other Web Sites
No data will be stored outside of European Union.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to access any areas reserved for registered users. Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. As described above this will restrict the services you can use on our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place professional physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.